Need help with GtkComboBoxEntry set_active selection

Hello. I'm trying to make a GtkComboBoxEntry show what item you have currently selected in its popup list and I'm not having much luck. The problem is the list is not showing what your current selection is. It also doesnt scroll to your current selection is, so if you have a large list in a combobox and want to select
the next item in a list its a real pain for the user.

heres a screen shot.
http://www.treshna.com/~andru/gtkcomboentry.png

Does anyone know of a way I can force highlighting in GtkComboBox? Is it possible to extract the table_view variable from the GtkCombo? Maybe that would allow me to force selection of the cell i want. I'm just not sure on the approach to solving this. If someone knows of an app that uses GtkComboBoxEntry effectivily let me know, maybe
that code could help me out a bit.

--
Andrew Hill
treshna Enterprises Ltd