Executing gnome applet from the commandline!!!!!1

Hello friends,

We have made a .server file and so our applet coems as aprt of a
menu.But we need to use Add to Panel->....etc

is there a way that we can DIRECTLY get the panel applet on the
desktop like the print-manager icon or other icons.
Such that its visible to the user on launch itself.

Any commandline command or any file that is to be included??
We even tried using the administration guide at
http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.0

but couldnt manage.
It specifies a path /apps/panel/default_profiles/medium/general/panel_id_list
but we just have
/apps/panel/global/ and only a gconf file in it.

Any clue anyone?????????????
Hvae been trying since 2-3 days.but stuck on this andhow to disable a
context meun's menuitem!!!

Thanx!!!!!!!!!
Richa