Re: Getting native X Window from GtkWidget

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 15:22 +0100, JÃrg Henne wrote:
}

As you can see, I tried both suggested routes. However, both of them
lead to the same problem:

Entering
Handle: 0x34000c1

(process:11392): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:1871: initialization
assertion failed, use g_type_init() prior to this function

Are you sure you are using WxGTK as the widget system for your python
script? .. this warning would imply to me that nothing has ever
initialized GTK+ or the underlying object system.

(If you were using pyGTK, there are a wrapper for eggtrayicon floatng
around though it's not in the standard bindings.)

Regards,
                                                Owen