Re: Getting native X Window from GtkWidget

GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW(GdkWindow)

-vc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jörg Henne" <j henne levigo de>
To: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 6:12 PM
Subject: Getting native X Window from GtkWidget

Hi all,

I am trying to turn an application window implemented in wxPython into a KDE system tray applet. Just to make this clear: I am not talking about the taskbar representation of a window, but the area which displays just icons, like the "loudspeaker" icon which controls the mixer etc.

The KDE documentation says that any (non-KDE) window can be made a tray icon, by setting a property like this:

   Atom statom =
       XInternAtom( d, "_KDE_NET_WM_SYSTEM_TRAY_WINDOW_FOR", False);
   XChangeProperty( d, win, statom, XA_WINDOW, 32,
                   PropModeReplace, NULL, 1);

With d being the display and win the window. Now I am wondering how I get this information from a GtkWidget reference. I can ask any GtkWidget for its parent GdkWindow window using gtk_widget_get_parent_window. And I found this: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-X-Window-System-Interaction.html but there doesn't seem to be a method which returns a GdkNativeWindow for a given GdkWindow.

Can anybody help with a pointer or a code snippet?

Thanks in advance
Joerg Henne