Re: time interaction

is there a way to get the time that a signal is running!? eg. the
button of the mouse is being pressed for 10 sec!

if (the button of the mouse is being pressed over a button for 10 sec)
then do a thing;

in mouse case I think I can use the button "pressed" signal and the glib Timers!

What do you think?