simple gtk app on arm

Hi guys,
I'm fairly new with gtk+ programming. Nonetheless, I'm trying to run a
simple application on an arm platform runninx Xfbdev  - TinyX. I've
compiled the source with the pkg-config options and everything compiles
ok. The problem arises when I run it. The X server is already running,
and the WM is also running (started from commandline), however, I'm
seeing a small "blop" on the screen where a single 40x40 xpm should be.
Does anyone have anyidea what might be happening?

thanks.