Hiding a window when clicking on the desktop

2005/6/25, Jaap Haitsma <jaap haitsma org>:

I have most of it implemented already. The only thing which I haven't
figured out yet is the second part of point 2. That is hiding the sticky
notes when you click on the desktop.

Does anybody have an idea how I can adapt the sticky notes applet so
that this can be done?

Perhaps you could grab the pointer and have a GdkRegion representing
the on-screen territory of your app.  Then, at every click, check to
see if the pointer was inside this region.  If so, ignore.  If not,
then release the grab and hide the windows (don't forget to release
the grab).

-Alem