Re: 5 gui's launched from 1.

Hello!

hi!!! I got ur mail id from gtk-app-devel-list gnome
org.
Please keep future posts on the Gtk-App-Devel lists.
It will benefit more people, and keep my answers
correct and under scrutiny from others. I appreciate
your mails on gtk-app-devel-list. Respect this.

I have a doubt in GTK, could u please help me.
Sorry if ive disturbed u.
As I have time, I will.

1) I have created 5 buttons.When i click the first
button a test area should open to the right side of
the window describing its detials, then when i click
next button the previous details should exit and
this
button details should appear.

Your question is too broad. Read gtk-tutorials
from gtk.org and please narrow down your question
to specific issues.

2) I have created 6 GUI's. I want to link all the
GUI's.From the main GUI, i want to go to other
GUI's.

Just assume you have a functions to return you
a widget pointer, taking the GUI ID you want.

GtkWidget * launch_gui(int gui_id)
{
    switch(gui_id)
   {
      case 1:
          return  create_text_widget();
     case 2:
         return  create_tree_view();
    case 3:
        return create_gnome_widget();
   /* and so on... */
Connect each of your five buttons like this.
g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(btn),"clicked",
G_CALLBACK(ButtonCB), ${BUTTON_NUM})

replace $(BUTTON_NUM} with the number
for every diff button.

Now call this function from your main() function,
and add the widgets to your button callbacks
like this.

void ButtonCB(GtkButton *b,gpointer data)
{

/* Invoke corresponding GUI based on button no,
     you set in g_signal_connect()  earlier */
gtk_widget_show(launch_gui(G_POINTER_TO_INT(data));

return;
}

Again, I cannot much help you as your questions
are very broad.

Cheers
Muthu.

Discover Yahoo!