remove some of the buttons in the decoration of the window

Hello,

I was looking the documentation of the GtkWindow and I cannot find
anything on how to hide/insensitive the buttons on the decoration
frame (min, max, destroy). However, the about dialog widget has only
one destroy button so there should be a way of hiding them. Does
anyone have a clue?

Btw is it possible to "redirect" the destroy event to a hide event
when the X button in the decoration frame is clicked? I tried doing so
by using a signal handler to the object destroy signal but no luck.
Even setting the property of auto-destroy to false does not make a
difference, although I do not understand what is this property exactly
for?

Cheers!