Re: postioning of window

gtk_window_set_position is for things like "center", "on mouse",
"center on parent", etc.  To pick coordinates for the upper left-hand
corner of the screen, use gtk_window_move.

All of these functions are, of course, documented under GtkWindow (see
www.gtk.org API Documentation for more).  However, I find the
explanation of window gravity rather opaque.  In particular, the
example setting SOUTH_EAST gravity for a window in the lower-right
corner confuses me to no end.  What exactly is the purpose of gravity?

-Alem