Typing Right-To-Left language characters in GtkEntry

Hello,

I need to enter Right-To-Left language characters (such as Arabic and
Hebrew) in a GtkEntry widget.  I'm using Red Hat Linux 9.0 and have
logged in the Arabic language session.  I then set the locale to
"ar_SA.utf8".  Then I run my small GTK program which has a GtkEntry
widget.

But I'm stuck at this point where I need an input method to enter the
arabic characters.  Could somebody help?

(I tried using xmodmap to load an arabic keyboard mapping, but then
nothing happened.  I also need to know where I can get arabic fonts
from, if required).

Thanks,
Gaurav