Re: Memory problems with gdk_pixbuf

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:58:43 +0200
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org> wrote:

The successor to GGAD book is The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide by
Matthias Warkus, see http://www.nostarch.com/frameset.php?startat=gnome

Hi Maciej...

Thanks - that was very complete. I wonder if there is an electronic
version of the book yet? Ordering paper books from Argentina is a headache
(apart from costly).

I've got the leakage problem solved, it seems (though I really don't know
when it solved itself). Apparently the canvasitem _does_ release the pxb,
because when I tried to do it explicitly and this caused worse problems.

I traced a bit more, and found the ref_count to decrement to 0, and then
back up to 1 and back to 0, all inside the canvas item destruction.

Juggling with other instructions somehow solved the problem though.

Again, my thanks,

John