inclusion of vfs modules

In my program I need to include the right header for
gnome_vfs_get_file_mime_type. I have found that the header is in
/usr/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h. If I
put this include line:
#include <libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h>

the module is not found, even if I add the right path for inclusion.
The only way to let my program find the header is this:

#include <gnome-vfs-module-2.0/libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h>

I'm sure a better fix is to make configure somehow add
-I/usr/include/gnome-vfs-module-2.0 to GNOME_CFLAGS and just
#include <libgnomevfs/gnome-vfs-mime.h>, but I don't know how to do
that :(