Re: glib bug on windows?

Hi!

I have found a problem in windows version of glib 2.4.7. in code
 va_start (args, fmt);
 in = g_strdup_vprintf (fmt, args);
 va_end (args);
when fmt is for example "blablabla 100\%" the pointer 'in' is NULL,
when fmt is for example "blablabla %c",'%' the problem does not occure.

could this be a bug in g_strdup_vprintf or somewhere else?

regards
hs

As far as I can say, if you want the '%' character printed using any *printf* function you should escape it using the '%' character rather than '\'. Though glib should check for the return value from g_strdup_vprintf() and propagate the error.

Best regards

Hazael Maldonado Torres