Which are good applications as examples?

Hi guys

I am about to start developing a decent-size application using gtk + gnome. I like the idea to do it in the best way possible therefore I am asking you for applications that have been developed in a way that is worth to imitate. I am more interested in the way their structure, file, etc are modularised as well as how they link the data with the GUI, etc.

Some time ago I heard that Gnumeric is one of these applications but I would like to know if there is something else you can recommend.

Best regards

Hazael Maldonado Torres