Re: Doubt about free or dont free

Greg Breland wrote:
[...]
What really needs to happen(and I believe is in the works) is that the
GTK manual needs user comments or wiki goodness.  This would solve
almost everything except that each function might have too much
information before too long. :)

While we're on a rant about API docs...

After years of using gtk+, the thing I find most annoying
about the API docs is the generic delagate functions.

When I write:
    node = g_list_find_custom (list_of_addresses, "joe",
                               find_address_by_name);

I invariably have to ask myself what argument comes first in:

static gint
find_address_by_name (AddressStruct *address, const gchar *name)

/me ponders:
Maybe that could be fixed by aliasing function typedefs, i.e.

typedef GListFindFunc  GCompareFunc

And have a more specific documentation for "GListFindFunc" in
the source.

Hmmm, is there a way to do this without making the compiler complain ?
maybe by using #define instead of typedef ?

Cheers,
                               -Tristan