Re: Window Visibility Signal

On Monday 25 July 2005 02:11 pm, David Necas (Yeti) wrote:
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 01:57:02PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
Nice tip, but unfortunately the expose event does not signal when the
object is covered up. Only when revealed. I even hooked "event" and
"event-after" and nothing was emitted when I covered up the window. Only
events were triggered when I moved the mouse into the window and out of
it and clicks.

I'm not following this thread closely, so I'm sorry if
I missed something, but have you tried "visibility-notify-event"
signal?  See attached example.

Ah! sample code is good... had been trying the visibility-notify-event, but it
didn't work then I saw the "add_events" call and I went ... "doh!" Added that
and it works almost how I want it, is there another event I should be looking
for as well? Switching desktops and minimizing does not seem to pop the
event, but this is pretty close. Covering up the window does work..

Kevin