GtkPath when a Tree node is deleted

Hi all,
   Does the PATH information change in a tree node,
when the previous node was deleted ?
  That is, when I add items to tree, I maintain an
internal structure in my application about the nodes
added to tree along with other application specific
data structure. I also store the path information, of
the node when it is added to the Tree. Si, If I have
say nodes X,Y,Z in the same level in a tree, if I
delete node Y, I wanted to know whther the path
information fo Y chage ? Will it have the same value
when the node was added.

Thanks
Deekshit M