Re: Making a window that doesn't block mouse events to the root window (desktop)

2005/7/18, Patrick Conheady <pcweirdo yahoo co uk>:
G'day there,

I'd like to have a non-editable text box layer just on
top of my desktop so that it's behind everything, and
have it pass all its mouse events to the desktop.
While it should visibly cover part of the desktop, I
don't want it to get in the way of desktop right-click
menus.

I expect you want to use gdk_get_default_root_window(),
catch whatever events you want to forward to the root
window, modify the window parameter in the event
structure, and use gtk_event_put() to send the event
back.

-Alem