Re: getting real widget sizes how and when

Karl H. Beckers wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,
     I'm afraid I havent the time to try and deciepher your
email, I can see that your having trouble getting the allocated
size of your widgets in a viewport.

There is a good chance that a widget will never get an allocation
untill its actualy shown. I'm not very familliar with the
GtkViewport but its the parenting container's responsability to
give the child an allocation (at initialization and resizes etc).

So maybe the solution to your problem is: "Widgets in an area of a
GtkViewport that is not shown (i.e. not in part of the scrolled window)
/dont have a size/".

Cheers,
                           -Tristan