GtkTextView

GtkTextView is such a cool widget for implementing application's own richtext display.
There's just one thing I couldn't find - how can I implement links in it ?

If there are no high-level links implemented, I just need information that user
clicked with such and such button on certain GtkTextIter.

Or from the low level point of view, I need to convert Gdk click event's
coordinates into GtkTextIter pointers.

Embedding links in the GtkTextView with widget anchors wouldn't be very nice,
as I wouldn't be able to control their formatting, but it is acceptable
if there's absolutely no other way.

What should I do ?