Determining if a GtkWindow is maximised?

Hi all,

I'd like my app to "remember" the maximised state of the main window,
I can't seem to figure it out..

I have a callback attached to "configure_event" on the main window:

gboolean main_window_move(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEventWindowState *event,
gpointer *data)

I'm trying to determine the state like this

if (event->new_window_state & GDK_WINDOW_STATE_MAXIMIZED) {..}

But this test seems to prove true almost always - event when I just
shift the (unmaximised) window around?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
--