RE: TreeView and search

The ability to search through a TreeView is interesting but it may
not be obvious to the final user that he has to hit Ctrl+F and I'd
rather prefer the typeahead window to be always visible. Thus, I
would like to know if it was possible to call explicitly the search
function ? This way, I would just connect the signal of a GtkEntry
to this function.

I have to agree here.  For some reason I always thought it was Ctrl-L...  It'd be nice to know of a way to
either link a GtkEntry to the search, or provide a toggle button to pop it up.  (In fact, I think the
open/save dialogues should have their main entry linked to the folder and file views, so they both track the
file being entered.)

Something else I'd like to see, is providing the extra characters from the first matching file/folder
"pre-selected", ie. entry completion/prediction.

If anyone has example code to do that, I'd be most interested.

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com