Re: GTK+2 on Linux and Windows

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, lmarcilly aressi fr wrote:

i have to develop a portable application with GTK+2 and i just want to be sure it will work. So my question is : is there any difference between GTK+2 for windows and GTK+2 for Linux?

From the point of view of functionality available to the user,
there's not much difference.

If i develop my application on a linux box, will it work on a windows box? And if i develop it on windows box, will it work on a linux box?

If by "it" you mean an executable compiled correctly for the platform in question, then Yes in both cases.

Actually, i use Gtk+-2.6.4 on windows so i just have to install Gtk+-2.6.4 on linux??

Assuming a correctly compiled Linux executable, all that's required is a Linux system with GTK 2.6.N (N >= 0) installed -- or, if you are not using features that are new to 2.6.N, a Linux system with GTK 2.4.N installed, or (and so on) down to a Linux system with GTK 2.0.N installed.

Allin Cottrell