Grabbing focus under Metacity Gnome2.10

My program Tilda(http://tilda.sf.net) needs to be able to grab focus
when the user presses a key requesting for Tilda to reappear.  For some
reason this works fine in most window managers (xfwm4, fluxbox...) but
under Metacity focus does not go to Tilda when it reapears. This:

gtk_window_present ((GtkWindow *) tw->window);

is the function I use to unhide Tilda and I believe it is also supposed
to grab focus from the window manager, then Tilda proceeds to resize the
window.

My question is has anyone been able to successfully get a GTK+
application to grab focus from Metacity?

Tristan