Re: gtk + threads

Hi Muthu,

X window system calls must be made from only
one thread. Making X calls from two threads
will cause a crash.

I think you must set the gtk_* calls from the
idle_function alone. Thatis , it must be a
part of the main loop that works the GUI.

May I ask you again what's the essetial point about the
single-thread-strategy handling gtk:

(a) Is it the fact that there will never be more than one access to gtk
at the same time -- or

(b) something else I did not get (e.g. must be *one* thread etc)?

In case of (a): Shouldn't it be enough then to lock all access to gtk by
the same mutex/lock which could then be spread over different functions
and threads then?

Thank You
 Felix