Re: starting up the app

Sorry.  I wasn't clear.
I understand that's how to get them to go. I planned on emitting a signal, or even just calling the function directly. But my question is how to automatically call it one time and only one time after the windows are set up, since the app is in its main loop and only responds to events.

The only thing I can think of is to have a mouse motion event and a flag that says whether it's been called or not. When the user touches the mouse, if it hasn't happened yet, the open dialog comes up, and the flag get set so it doesn't happen again. But that's REALLY cheesy.

Is there some kind of signal or event that happens when the gtk app is finished setting up that says "ok. ready to go" ?

Thanks,
bc