Re: How best to fetch a web page...

I've been trying to use g_spawn_async_with_pipes to run wget, and have it
write the page to stdout (with output going to stderr along with anything
that would normally go there), and then syphon these off.  The output I
was hoping to display in a little GtkTextView log window (hidden inside an
extender), while the fetched page (which is just a text file containing a
list of variable=value pairs, some of which I'll be displaying in a dialog
box) would be parsed as it came in over the spawned wget's stdout.

This is not working for me.  I'm not even going to bother posting my code,
because it's a total cock-up.  Does anyone have any examples I could look
at, or hints on how to do this kind of thing (running a program and
capturing both output channels) properly?

And as an alternative, any suggestions on fundamentally better ways of
fetching a web page asynchonously?  I'm more than willing to do something
drastically simple instead but dastedly effective, and forgo the whole
g_spawn_* experience for now just to have a working program instead.

the easiest way is to use gnet library (www.gnetlibrary.org) that depends
on glib.

hs