Re: Nonstandard Check Button

I would like a check button where the checkbox does not automatically
toggle its state when clicked.  I only need the clicked signal, and I
will update the active state (and hence the checkbox) asynchronously.
Is there some elegant way to do this?

Catch the "clicked" signal and use g_signal_stop_emission().  Should
work I guess.

With the following callback it doesn't help.  Maybe I need a
GSignalEmissionHook? And how should I call g_signal_lookup etc.?

static void
check_clicked (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
{
  g_print ("Clicked\n");
  g_signal_stop_emission_by_name (widget, "clicked");
}

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (check), "clicked", G_CALLBACK
(check_clicked), NULL);