gtk-2.6 vs solaris 9

Hi,

I've installed gtk-2.6.0 on my NetBSD/alpha system.  That box is
headless.  When I use a NetBSD/i386 box as the Xserver, things seem
fine.  When I use a solaris9/sparc box with openwindows as the Xserver
I get the following from the gtk-demo program:

The program 'gtk-demo' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)'.
  (Details: serial 860 error_code 17 request_code 151 minor_code 10)

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks
-Dan