Re: grab system keys

Dnia 12-01-2005, śro o godzinie 19:25 +0300, Jan napisał:
I want to create widget which show all keys,
which pressed when widget has focus.

I using key_press signal, but some keys don't handle,
for example: I using icewm as WM, and when I press "Win" button on
keyboard, widget don't recieve signal, instead of this main menu
of icewm is shown.

How can I handle this special keys?

In X, WM has priority in getting the keys, so if WM catches the key,
your app won't have a chance to. You can't change it, except by using
the very new XEvie extension, but even then it's probably not going to
work the way you expect it to (XEvie does some special stuff with input,
not really useful for general applications).

Cheers,
Maciej

--
Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org>