Re: Pointer Warp

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 09:37:18PM +0100, Carsten Burstedde wrote:
I am considering writing a little game with gtk/gtkglext.  Most part of
the (optionally fullscreen) window is a drawingarea.  What can I do to
hide the cursor and get relative mouse events, regardless of window
borders and screen size, like it is possible in sdl or glut?

1. Create an empty cursor with gdk_cursor_new_from_pixmap()
and set it for the widget with
gdk_window_set_cursor(widget->window, empty_cursor).

2. Connect to "motion-notify-event", "button-press-event", or
"button-release-event" signal of the widget and use
event->x, event->y of the event passed to the signal handler
(if I understand wht you want).

Yeti

--
Dynamic IP address is not a crime.