Gtk_File_Chooser_Dialog always shows white panels.

I am in the process of writing a new theme engine. I see that the
Gtk_File_Chooser_Dialog widget does not call the style object to render the
backgrounds on the two panels which show lists of files and directories, and
these seem to be hardwired to show always as white.

I hope I am wrong about this, but how can I change the behaviour (my theme is
dark, and the white panels look awful)?

--
                                                Dale

http://rdmp.org:20202
Despite the brusque/curmudgeonly/terse nature of my e-mails I am
really a nice guy and wish you well.