How to get information about focus from other then my application?

Hi all

I need to know which application and which widget in this application
have focus before my application have been activated, how can i do it??
I want to send text to this widget from my application, I try to use
atk_add_global_event_listener, gdk_window_add_filter and also at-spi
library but without succeed, i have been fighting with it five days,
please someone help me

Greats
Michal