Re: gtk and fonts on OS X

A bit off topic, but I think you might be interested in this project:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-cocoa/

It's a port of Gtk+ 1.2 to cocoa native. I'm still working on it, but there is quite a lot of functionality already in.

Allin Cottrell wrote:

I'm able to build and run my gtk app just fine on OS X 10.2.4 plus fink. But I'd like to make the app available to people running OS X 10.3 Panther, with Apple's X11 but without fink.

I've made what is intent a stand-alone disk image (my app plus all the required gtk libraries). But I'm hearing that the app won't run on account of a problem with fonts

  Cannot open fallback font, nothing to do

That is, gtk/pango can't find anything to map to Monospace or Sans.

Does anyone with OS X experience have any idea what might be wrong/missing here? (The systems in question do have X11 installed.)