Re: can I pass user data to a button callback?

The prototype for the "pressed" and "released" callback is

user_function      (GtkButton <cid:part1.08050602.06020406@zebradevelopment.com> *button,
                   gpointer user_data);

gpointer is typedef'd as void *. If you are getting a compiler error, you are probably not including the right headers.

Felix Kater wrote:

Hi,

can I pass (a pointer to) user data to a button's callback? The compiler
wants me to create button callbacks like void (*)(void) -- but what I
need is void (*)(void*), at least for the "pressed" and "released"
signals

How could I do that?

Felix