Timeout, event and layout

Hi there,

(I have to say that I'm not a GTK guru)

In a GTK application I'm writing, I have some widgets (in fact radars
display) that are constantly drawing to using a timeout function.

I also want to change the layout of my radar displays (dynamically
(i.e. while drawed) adding and removing them). So I have registered a
"changed_layout" event that do this.

My problem is that gtk raises errors when i want to change the layout. I
used to remove the timeout and then reenable it in the "changed_layout"
callback, but I can't do this anymore for another reason.

Do you know what is the "best" way to do that : pause the timeout? mutex
on widgets?  other?

--
Manuel Giraud (CNRS/CETP) -> http://www.cetp.ipsl.fr