Re: gtk+-2.6.1 on windows when?

When gtk+-2.6.1 will be available for windows in binary ?

I have now made available zipfiles with Windows binaries for GLib
2.6.2, Atk 1.9.0, Pango 1.8.0 and GTK+ 2.6.2. They are at
ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.6/win32, and presumably eventually at its
mirror sites. There are also links on the traditional download page,
http://www.gimp.org/win32/downloads.html. Look for the "bleeding edge"
section... Here is the text from that section:

  Well, not so bleeding edge, the versions below are after all the
  current stable and maintained ones. But the GLib file name encoding
  changes mean that especially on Windows you have to be very careful,
  and there presumably are still related bugs in GLib and GTK+. You are
  advised not to blindly replace your existing GLib 2.4, GTK+ 2.4 etc
  versions with these.

  For software developers I would suggest that unless you need to use
  2.6-only features, you continue to build against GLib and GTK+ 2.4
  headers and libraries, even if you know that the run-time environment
  will have 2.6. Only if you use 2.6-only API should you build against
  2.6, and in that case, remember to use the gstdio wrappers: replace
  all fopen() calls with g_fopen(), etc.

  If you do deploy a 2.6 infrastructure on Windows, please test the
  behaviour of non-ASCII folder and file names thoroughly, and report
  bugs at bugzilla.gnome.org.

--tml