Re: Hot to show a non blocking message?

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 09:37, Cristiano Ghirardi wrote:

I'm developing an application using gtk+-2.6, in the main_win_show
event I perform many subsystems initializations. I an initialization
fails I'd like to show a message using a gtk_dialog_run. The problem
is that the dialog never close!
Maybe the problem happens because the structure of the gtk typical startup:

If you use gtk_dialog_run(), you need to call gtk_widget_destroy (dialog)
yourself when you don't need the dialog any longer, as shown in the example
code in the API reference:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkDialog.html#gtk-dialog-run

gtk_dialog_run() runs its own main loop, so you can use it before calling
gtk_main() if you like.

Cheers
 -Tim