Re: gnome_vfs and gtk ?!

Antonio Gomes wrote:
Hello all,

I'm working in a gtk Code, and in the main function there is a
gnome_vfs () into it , like that:

     gtk_init(&argc, &argv);
/*GnomeVFS*/
    result = gnome_vfs_init();

 I wanna know what's the role of gnome_vfs ?! Is there a relationship
between this function and use of threads in GTK !?

this function will initialize the "gnome virtual file system" library, which can use threads internally, but your gtk application will not notice that, because all calls to gtk are done in the main thread.

so it is safe to use gnome_vfs functions in a non-threaded gtk program without expecting any threading issues.

regards,
        Olivier