Re: GdkPixbuf rendering to partially obscured window

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:03:54 -0500, Carl Nygard <cjnygard fast net> wrote:

I have a GdkPixbuf rendering to a drawing area, and when the area is
obscured under another window, the bit under the window never gets the
image.  I'm drawing vectors to the same window at the same time, and
they get displayed via backing store just fine.

I'm sure that this has nothing to do with GdkPixbuf (I'm sure you'll have
the same result using gdk_draw_drawable with a Pixmap source).

I've found that when drawing to widget->window (using X backend at least)
the operation is avoided if the area in question is not marked "dirty",
using gdk_window_invalidate_rect/region() might do the trick for you.
Otherwise you might want to consider doing your rendering in two steps,
i.e. compose your image to an offscreen pixmap, and just gdk_draw_drawable
to widget->window in expose events.

Cheers,
                                                     -Tristan