Re: Static compiling under VC.net

Daniel Lang writes:
I want to compile my program static, which I think means that the
final user doesn't has to install the GTK+/gkmm - runtimes.

Sounds futile to me.

I don't know how to realise it... can anybody help me?

My advice is, don't. If you do it, you are on your own. Do you realize
you would have to build *lots* of stuff statically: libglib, libintl,
libiconv, libgobject, libgdk_pixbuf, the gdk-pixbuf loaders,
libgtk-win32, libgdk-win32, libpango, libpangowin32, libatk. (Any
more?)

Also, I hope you understand the licensing consequences?

--tml