Re: Problem with glib-mkenums

2005/12/18, David Necas (Yeti) <yeti physics muni cz>:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 12:40:46PM +0100, Maciej Piechotka wrote:
I'd like to use glib-mkenums.
I've tried to use it, but I have no idea how to use it.
Could somebody give me an example of file and what should by in command line.
If some example is in GNOME CVS please give me in which project(but
I'll be happy if you give me an information which file) I'll find it.

Gtk+ itself uses it, see gtk/Makefile.am.

However, passing the templates as a bunch of command line
options inside makefile, as Gtk+ does it, is IMO quite ugly.
If you prefer template files, you can have a look at

header file template
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gwyddion/gwyddion/libgwyddion/gwyddiontypes.h.template?view=markup

C file template
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gwyddion/gwyddion/libgwyddion/gwyddiontypes.c.template?view=markup

makefile rules to use them (near the bottom)
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/gwyddion/gwyddion/libgwyddion/Makefile.am?view=markup

for inspiration.

Without the timestamp preservation tricks the rules would be
simply

glib-mkenums --template H-TEMPLATE HEADERS-WITH-ENUMS >ENUMS.h
glib-mkenums --template C-TEMPLATE HEADERS-WITH-ENUMS >ENUMS.c

Ok. In makefile it's more clear. But what's $(enum_headers)?

You can try this with my templates on your .h files to see
how it works.

It should be sufficient to change only two things in the
templates to make them fit your project: #included headers
and namespace prefixes.

Yes. I've read glib-mkenums description in documentation of GObject.

Thanks