Re: [Gtk-sharp-list] How disable entire gnome desktop

Em 11/12/05, Arx Henrique<arxcruz gmail com> escreveu:
the synaptic make this, in ubuntu, i dont know if is the gksu or
synaptic, but when you click in show updates, they disable all desktop
until you put the root passwd or click in cancel button.

Grab the keyboard and the mouse. Quoting SharpMusic's code (a program of mine):

private Window wnd; // This is your window
private bool TryGrab() {
    Gdk.EventMask mask = Gdk.EventMask.ButtonPressMask
        | Gdk.EventMask.ButtonReleaseMask
        | Gdk.EventMask.PointerMotionMask;

    Gtk.Grab.Add(wnd);

    if (Gdk.Keyboard.Grab(wnd.GdkWindow, true, 0) != Gdk.GrabStatus.Success) {
        Gtk.Grab.Remove(wnd);
        return false;
    }

    if (Gdk.Pointer.Grab(wnd.GdkWindow, true, mask, null, null, 0) !=
Gdk.GrabStatus.Success) {
        Gtk.Grab.Remove(wnd);
        Gdk.Keyboard.Ungrab(0);
        return false;
    }

    return true;
}

i want this.

And here you have it. You may need to adjust the value of the mask
variable, but I don't know if or how. If that doesnt work, try with
"Gdk.EventMask mask = Gdk.EventMask.AllEventsMask", maybe it works.

Cya,
Felipe.

--
"Quem excele em empregar a força militar subjulga os exércitos dos outros
povos sem travar batalha, toma cidades fortificadas dos outros povos sem as

  -- Sun Tzu, em "A arte da guerra"