Re: drawing an RGB bitmap or pixbuf

Dear Matt,

See gtk_image_set_from_pixbuf() and GdkPixbuf if you want to load the
bitmap from a file.

See gtk_image_set_from_pixmap() and gdk_draw_rgb_image() if you want to
get the image data from some RGB buffer.  You also need to create a
pixmap with gdk_pixmap_new().  GdkPixmaps are GdkDrawables, and so a
pixmap may be passed to gdk_draw_rgb_image() with the GDK_DRAWABLE()
cast.

Make sure to read the docs for the above functions.  They are spread
around:

gtk_image_*: GTK+ docs (under GtkImage)
gdk_draw_rgb_image: GDK docs (under GdkRGB)
gdk_pixbuf_*: gdk-pixbuf docs
gdk_pixmap_*: GDK docs (under "Bitmaps and Pixmaps")

-Andrew