Re: swap images on click event.

Got it working. I made an event box for each button and hid and showed each one when needed. Thanks for your help earlier.

craig.

Craig Harding wrote:
Sorry for the delay on this, but I'm still in exams. :) When I add both GtkImages to the applet, and run the program I get the following:
------
(xmms-applet:17352): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkImage to a GtkEventBox, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkEventBox can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkImage
-----
When the gtk_widget_hide and gtk_widget_show functions are called, the button is hidden, but when the other button is supposed to show, it doesn't.

Craig.

Yury Aliaev wrote:

Craig Harding scripsit:

Ok, how can I show/hide the images? This is a breakdown of the code I'm working on:

--------------

play_button = gtk_image_new_from_file ("/usr/local/pixmaps/play.png");
pause_button = gtk_image_new_from_file("/usr/local/pixmaps/pause3.png");
hbox = gtk_hbox_new(FALSE,0);
play_event_box = gtk_event_box_new ();
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (play_event_box), play_button);
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (play_event_box), pause_button);
gtk_box_pack_start(hbox, play_event_box, FALSE, FALSE, 2);
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (applet), hbox);

gtk_widget_show_all (GTK_WIDGET (applet));

/* This should be added here otherwise all images will be shown simultaneously. */

gtk_widget_hide (pause_button); // or play_button

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (play_event_box), "button_release_event", G_CALLBACK (on_play_button_press), pause_button); g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (play_event_box), "button_release_event", G_CALLBACK (on_play_button_press), play_button);

static gboolean on_play_button_press (GtkWidget *event_box,GdkEventButton *event,gpointer data) {

// do show/hide stuff here....? how do I do it?

Just use gtk_widget_hide()/gtk_widget_show() functions with appropriate arguments.

}

Regards,
Yury.