[SOLVED] Re: Prevent gtk_label from request resize to parent

Em Sex, 2005-12-02 Ãs 08:25 +0000, Axel Simon escreveu:
On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:57 -0200, Marcus Reis wrote:
hello, I have a some buttons inside a table like a matrix. Lets pick one
of this buttons, we have one vbox set as child of the button and inside
the box we have 4 labels. But we have a problem, one of this labels have
a very random width, so would be desired that this specific label does
not make requests to resize the box, or box would ignore size request
from this child, because this is actually making the window size bigger.
I have tried to reduce the string with string functions but the result
is not ideal since every time we get size available, the label will not
use it. Have tried gtk_widget_set_size_request too, but the effect is
similar.

Any lights?

If you use Gtk 2.6 or higher you can use gtk_label_set_width_chars to
set an upper bound. If you put in more characters than that, the label
should ellipsize the string, see gtk_label_set_ellipsize.

Hope this helps,
Axel.

As always, this list rocks, thank you.

Yahoo! doce lar. Faïa do Yahoo! sua homepage.
http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html