Accel Paths not being created?

Hi all,

After my earlier queries regarding adjustable accelerator keys,
I have been attempting to implement accelerator paths in my app.

I'm using gtk_menu_set_accel_path on each toplevel menu I create,
which should automatically assign paths to it's sub items..

e.g. gtk_menu_set_accel_path(GTK_MENU(menu), "<main>/File");
is supposed to result in a sub item "New" being assigned the path:
"<main>/File/New"

Only it doesn't seem to happen?
Calling gtk_accel_map_lookup_entry("<main>/File/New", NULL);
always returns false..
even gtk_accel_map_lookup_entry("<main>/File", NULL);
is returning false.

I guess I must be doing something wrong, am I supposed to initialize the
root path first somehow?
I can't seem to find any info on whether the whole "accelerator path
system" needs some sort of initialization.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
--
Daniel Pekelharing