Re: Drawing area redraws, widgets/hbox do not

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:09 -0500, Royce C wrote:
Hello,

I have a GUI with

-a GtkDrawingArea which has an associated GdkDrawable which has
an associated GtkPixmap which is used to display images and drawing
primitives
-a GtkHBox with buttons

The backend of the GUI is CPU intensive and when the backend starts,
the GUI is no longer interactive (e.g. moving over buttons does not
highlight them, etc.) EXCEPT the drawing area updates as the backend
tells the drawing area to.  My issue is that the box with buttons does
not update as well.  Anytime the drawing area is told to update, the
box is also told to update (it is told to remove all buttons it holds
then add some buttons),  but the box's update is not visible until the
backend is completely done.  None of the updates in-between beginning
and end are displayed.
Is there anyway I can get the box to refresh as the drawing area does?

Every now and then, try to call gtk_main_iteration_do(false) as long as
gtk_events_pending() returns true.

Axel.