Re: GTKImage displays after long latency

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 14:41 -0700, Barry Demchak wrote:
Hi --

This is my first GTK application, and I'm "simply" trying to display an SVG
rendering in a window. I can do this OK, but it appears that there is a
latency of ~2000ms between assigning the pixbuf into the GTKImage widget
and actually seeing the result on the screen.

FYI, the scribble example works fine on my system ... so I don't think
there's something wrong with the system ... more likely a gap in my GTK
knowledge.

Here's what I'm doing:

   GdkPixbuf *pb = rsvg_pixbuf_from_file_at_size("circle.svg",-1,-1,NULL);
   gtk_image_set_from_pixbuf((GtkImage*) mapimage, pb);

And before that, this is what I did:

   GtkWidget *mapimage = NULL;
   GdkPixbuf *pb = rsvg_pixbuf_from_file_at_size("circle.svg",-1,-1,NULL);
   mapimage = gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf(pb);

I can see that scribble does things quite differently ...

... should I be trying to get librsvg to render into something besides a
new pixbuf??

(I'm quite sure that the librsvg call is finished, and the
gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf has finished ... and *then* it takes 2 seconds to
show up on the screen.)

Could librsvg be rendering your image at an enormous size?

You might want to gdk_pixbuf_get_width(), gdk_pixbuf_get_height()

Regards,
                                        Owen